I am only the slightest bit obsessed with the film "Mean Girls." Definitely saw it three times at the cinema when it came out in 2004. The rumours about the musical started to get the faithful a little excited but now that rumour turns out to be true. The National Theatre in DC will be home to Mean Girls the Musical from October 31st through December 3rd. I know, so fetch, right?! Tickets and all of those other details are forthcoming and I will get that out there the instant I know anything.
So when I say obsessed, here are all the factors which lead to said obsession...
- I own four copies of the film and keep one in my car for impromptu viewings and one in my office
- Every one of those "which Plastic are you quizzes" always results in my being Gretchen
- I love Toaster Strudel...proof below
- On Wednesdays, I wear pink. Proof of me doing so in the studio below.
- My wedding anniversary is Mean Girls Day. October 3rd, I put a ring on it
- I am making fetch happen! It will happen!!! No matter what Regina says!
The crew at Playbill has more: http://www.playbill.com/article/tina-feys-mean-girls-musical-will-make-world-premiere-at-washingtons-national