A horrified mom is warning parents after finding "disgusting" black mold inside her kids' bath toys and sharing photos of what she discovered.
Morgan Knighton Rogers shared the photos on Facebook, showing thick layers of black mold inside the walls of rubber ducks she had been using with her children's bath time.
She says she decided to cut them open after seeing a Facebook post from another mom with a similar warning.
Morgan immediately threw the toys away. "For those of you who saw the post I shared the other day of the little boy who accidentally squirted himself in the eye with one of his bath toys and it got really bad infected, y'all…
“I just cut my kids' bath toys open and needless to say, they are all going in the trash and I will never buy another and I would suggest you all do the same!”
Morgan adds, "They say mold grows in them because they're never able to fully dry out! I've never been more disgusted in my life!"
She says she regularly cleans all of her kids' toys but "you cannot dry them out fully, therefore mold grows because it's wet."
Other moms and dads shared their disgust in the comments of Morgan's post. Some vowed to throw their rubber duckies away, and some offered advice, saying to clean them out with white vinegar or run them in the dishwasher.