As thousands of people plan to attend the protests taking place in Washington, DC this weekend, the DC Metro and DC Police Department have provided information in regards to Metro service and road closures, respectively.
Here is the information provided by WMATA. Please visit their website for the most up-to-date information.
Metrorail will open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 9:00 p.m.
Trains will operate on the following schedule:
- Red Line - trains will operate every 10 minutes.
- Orange Line - trains will operate between Ballston and New Carrollton every 15 minutes.
- Silver Line - due to thePlatform Improvement Project, there will be no Silver Line service. Customers should use Orange and/or Blue line trains to complete their travel.
- Blue Line - trains will operate every 15 minutes.
- Yellow Line - trains will operate between Huntington and Greenbelt every 15 minutes
- Green Line - trains will operate every 15 minutes
The DC Metropolitan Police Department released a comprehensive list of road closures for June 6th via a press release on their website. The map below details some of the closures, please visit their website for a detailed list of roads and timings.
They also say,
"All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
The public should expect parking restrictions along the street and should be guided by the posted emergency no parking signage. All vehicles that are parked in violation of the emergency no parking signs will be ticketed and towed."