This weekend (August 2-4, 2019) is a Sales Tax Holiday in the state of Virginia. That means purchasing qualifying school supplies, clothing, footwear and even some items considered to be for Hurricane and emergency preparedness and some energy-saving products will be exempt from sales tax.
Here's what will be considered eligible:
- Qualified school supplies: $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear: $100 or less per item
- Portable generators: $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws: $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories: $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items: $60 or less per item
- Qualifying Energy Star or WaterSense products purchased for non-commercial home or personal use: $2,500 or less per item
More details and info can be found at this link.